Alison has been involved with Shepherds Walks for a number of years now, and her passion and enthusiasm for walking and Northumberland is second to none.
Alison was initially involved as a volunteer with us while she completed her training at Plas-y-Brenin to become a Walking Group Leader Guide and has since led many walks.
She is also a qualified Nordic Walking Fitness Instructor. Alison was instrumental in helping us to develop our challenge walks and Nordic Walking programme in their formative years, and she now spends most of her time concentrating on developing Shepherds Walks Holidays where she is a regular guide on the Hadrianís Wall Trail.
So who is Alison, what makes her tick?
- Which is your favourite walk in Northumberland? No favourite – I love them all
- What inspires you to get up in the morning? Life
- Where would be your special place to eat your packed lunch on a walk? Somewhere with great views
- What makes you smile? The wonder of nature
- What is your favourite Shepherds Walks event and why? Kielder Challenge – my baby!
- Whatís your greatest achievement? Completing the Inca Trail and raising over £2,500.00 for the National Deaf Childrenís Charity
- What canít you do without when out walking? Map (I have to say that) and fruit pastilles
- Who would you invite to your fantasy dinner party? Dalai Lama, Heinrich Harrer, Maurice Hertzog and........... well that would be telling!
- If you could walk any walk/ climb in the world what would it be? Annapurna
- Which of your achievements makes you most proud? Contentment
- A trip to Northumberland wouldnít be complete without a visit to .....? The Chillingham Wild Cattle
- What would you wish your epitaph to be? Sláinte!